Take Your Breast Health Into Your Own Hands for Your Best Health!
Your support is essential in helping us provide mammograms to any person who walks through our doors, regardless of their ability to pay. When people come to us for mammograms, we also have the opportunity to talk to them about general breast health so that they are more aware of what to watch for and how to achieve their best health.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is the perfect time to highlight how women can take their breast health into their own hands with the goal of early detection:
- Perform monthly breast self-exam
- Make an appointment for your annual screening mammogram if you're 40 or older, or have a family history of breast cancer; call Breast Care for Washington at 202-465-7164 for an appointment!
- Follow up on any tests or procedures indicated by your screening mammogram
- See your primary care provider if you notice any changes in your breasts
- Eat healthily
- Exercise regularly
- Moderate your drinking of alcohol, if applicable
- Refrain from smoking
And then go on living your best life knowing you have taken the steps to assure not only your breast health, but your best health!
Our main event for Breast Cancer Awareness Month is The Power of Pink Workout Event on October 12. Register to attend and visit our Silent Auction site where you can bid on numerous items, including a whimsical faux pumpkin centerpiece representing the indomitable spirit of breast cancer patients and survivors, as well as that of advocates for breast health services for all people, similar to the picture at the top of the page.
The auction closes and bidding ends at 1:30 pm on October 12. Items will be delivered to winners not attending the event -- so it's open to all!
Thank you for your continued support of